I'm blogging to share my own tips and tricks for Disney Parks with you. I'm not writing from a family perspective but rather that of adults, without kids, who have found the thrill of being a child again through the magic of the Disney Parks. All images and suggestions used or supplied on this site are my own (unless otherwise stated) and are not intended to impede on Copyright or Privacy.

Love,
Michelle

Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Beginnings..

I can't believe I'm actually doing this. It is something that I have thought about and processed in my mind for many months now and today I just decided to 'bite the bullet.' So here I am. Welcome to Disneyland Dreaming. My guide to Disney Parks that I am going to write based on my own personal experiences and trips to Disneyland, Walt Disney World and Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea.

So, who I am I? I'm Michelle. I currently live in Canberra, but grew up in Sydney, Australia. I am married to Andrew and although we share a lot in common, the places we have been together, with the fondest memories, are all Disney related. We had our first Disney experience together in Japan in 2009. We Honeymooned in Disneyland in 2010 and in January 2011 we embarked on a family vacation to Walt Disney World in Florida. How do a young couple who are yet to have children have a family vacation you ask? Well... we travelled with my parents, and Andrew's Mum (plus a friend of ours tagged along as well)! I had also had two Disneyland trips when I was 6 and 11 - and I am hoping that Mum and Dad will have some input down the track for navigating the parks with younger kids!

I wish there was a way to describe to people who haven't previously visited a Disney park, what you experience once you get through that turn-style at the entrance. It is more than a theme park. It's like a new country, a new world, a new universe! Everything you experience from the start of your day to the end is unforgettable. There are so many things that Disney do, that you just don't find anywhere else. While the pictures look pretty to the person who hasn't attended a Disney park before, you have no idea about the sounds, the smells and textures around you! It is a full, multi-sensory experience that is unlike any other.

What I intend to achieve through this blog, is an outline of my personal experiences that will hopefully inspire you, your partner and your family to want to plan your Disney holiday. Or, if you are already in the planning stages, to give you some tips and tricks that may make your holiday, just that little bit more special.

I'm happy to answer any questions through this blog - and if I can't answer it, I might be able to point you in the right direction of your answers.

This first entry, is going to be the start of a great adventure! For me, this is my first blog and my first real experience in writing anything to do with travel. But I am so passionate about this, that I hope my enthusiasm makes up for any potential shortcomings in my writing style.

Have a Magical Day - until the next entry,

Michelle
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment